Friday, August 2, 2019

Spasticity and Orgasms



Q: "I have mild spastic Cerebral Palsy and I’m afraid to orgasm because I’m worried it might be painful. Do you have any advice?"






A: Yes! This is a common concern for people with CP. For folks who don’t know, spasticity causes muscles to be really tight and spasm - this can lead to pain! When people orgasm, most often their muscles get tight (this is true for anyone, not just people with CP). So, for those with CP, we have to be creative! Here are tips to help you enjoy your orgasms. Get into a comfortable position. This might mean bending your legs so they don’t push against whatever is surrounding you or what you are lying on. Using pillows to brace the impact of your muscles tightening can be really helpful as well. Also if you take anti-spastic medication, maybe time your fun around when you take your medication so your muscles are more relaxed. Also, and I know many people think the goal of sex and masturbation is to orgasm, but it’s not! Sex is a journey and it’s all about pleasure. So just explore your body and try different things and most of all, have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy to press buttons for g-spot

  Q: I have chronic joint pain, especially in my hands, so I'm looking for toys that are easy to hold and control easily, especially for...